SafePlus is a metal-enclosed compact switchgear system for distribution applications from 6 to 40.5 kV. The switchgear has a unique flexibility due to its extendibility and the possible combination of fully modular and semi-modular configurations.
SafePlus uses SF6 (Sulfur hexafluoride) as an insulation and quenching medium. The SF6 is contained in a welded, stainless steel, sealed-for-life enclosure with an operating lifetime better than 30 years. The leakage rate is less than 0.1% per year!
The switchgear is type tested according to ANSI/IEEE C37.20.3, C37.58, C37.54, and UL listed. It is rated 38kV / 20kA / 600A, non-arc resistant. Available panels include cable switch, vacuum circuit breaker, and air insulated cable riser.
Full product range
In addition to the designs tailored to ANSI markets, SafePlus is available in a full range of IEC products, including:
- SafeRing (ring main units) and SafePlus GIS with SF6 up to 24kV
- SafeRing (ring main units) and SafePlus GIS with SF6 up to 40.5kV
- SafeRing Air (ring main units) and SafePlus Air with GIS based on dry air technology as insulation medium (No SF6) up to 12kV
- SafeRing Air Plus (ring main units) and SafePlus AirPlus with AirPlus gas as insulation medium (No SF6) up to 24kV
SafePlus is manufactured in Norway. A robust green policy ensures focus on environmental factors in manufacturing, as well as over the switchgear's lifespan.
- Completely sealed system
- Type tested according to all relevant IEEE and IEC standards *
- Manufactured according to ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18 001
- Carefully selected materials ensure 88% recycling capability for minimal environmental impact
- Rear viewports for visual verification of the three position disconnect status
- No gas filling required on site
- 40.5kV / 630A (38kV / 600A)
- Auto-reclosing capability
- Dead end outer cone cable termination system (IEC type B plug in bushings, type C bolted profile bushings or IEEE Dead-Break bushings)
- Virtually maintenance free
- No exposure of live parts
- 16.5 inches / 420 mm wide functional units