With ZX2, ABB offers an arc-proof indoor switchgear especially designed to meet the requirements of the North American market.
This three-phase encapsulated, arc-proof switchgear for single and double busbar applications is equipped with separate gas-filled busbar and circuit breaker compartments.
The modular structure of the ZX2 switchgear enables a flexible design for a variety of applications in utility and industry segment.
The gas tanks protect all high voltage parts inside permanently from soiling, humidity, entry of foreign bodies and other environmental influences resulting in a very reliable and practically maintenance-free switchgear. All switching devices are motor-operated and can be controlled remotely.
All panels are routine-tested and gas-filled in the factory. The use of plug-in technology enables safe, fast and easy installation without the need for special tools.
- Rated voltage up to 38 (42) kV
- Rated normal current up to 3000 A
- Rated busbar current up to 4000 A with single busbar system
- Rated short-time withstand current up to 40 kA
- Maximum operator safety thanks to arc-resistant design
- Reliable operation and maximum availability
- Fast installation thanks to plug-in technology
- Arc-proof design
- Available in single or double bus configuration
- Vacuum circuit breaker type VD4X
- Plug-in busbar connection
- Available with inner or outer cone cable termination system
- Optional top cable entry available
- Customized low voltage compartment offers ample space for mounting of protection and control devices
- Integrated plenums and optional pressure relief to the outside of the switchgear room
- View ports for visual verification of the three position disconnect status
- Optional camera system available
- OSHA NRTL listed and ETL certified acc. to IEEE