SafePlus Air is a metal enclosed compact switchgear system for up to 12 kV distribution applications. The SafePlus Air portfolio is based on dry air technology as insulation medium. Dry air insulation has a Global Warming Potential (GWP) of zero.
For the eco-efficient switchgear portfolio, ABB has developed a new SF6-free load break switch based on a puffer interrupter technology. This new technology replaces the vacuum interrupter technology used in the C-module of SafeRing and SafePlus eco-efficient switchgear. The new load break switch will function both as a load break switch and disconnector switch, in one single operation. It will further be in series with a two-position earthing switch, which will simplify the operating sequence of the C-module.
The switchgear design is based on the existing SafePlus portfolio, offering an advantage to the end users with the same user interface, footprint, spare parts and operation. The switchgear has a unique flexibility thanks to the possible combination of fully modular and configurations.
SafePlus Air is a completely sealed system with a stainless steel tank containing all live parts and switching functions. A sealed steel tank with constant atmospheric conditions ensures a high level of reliability as well as personnel safety and a virtually maintenance-free system.
- Rated voltage: 12kV
- Rated current: 630A
- Rated short time current: 20kA for 3 sec
- Dry air insulation with a Global Warming Potential (GWP) of zero
- True GIS design: Protected from ambient conditions by sealed gas compartment
- Easy replacement: Same compact dimensions as the proven SafePlus with SF6 insulation
- Smart grid enabled: Available with sensor technology and digital communication options
- High personnel safety with internal arc proof design
- No SF6 inside: Dry air insulation as eco-efficient alternative for networks up to 12kV
- Compact design with small footprint and low physical weight
- Independent from ambient conditions
- Maintenance-free solution
- Optional arc suppressor: No gases released even in arc fault cases
- Optional combisensor bushing: Integrated voltage and current measurement