SafePlus Air is a metal enclosed compact switchgear system for up to 12 kV distribution applications. The SafePlus Air portfolio is based on dry air technology as insulation medium. Dry air insulation has a Global Warming Potential (GWP) of zero.
The switchgear design is based on the existing SafePlus portfolio, offering an advantage to the end users with the same user interface, footprint, spare parts and operation. The switchgear has a unique flexibility thanks to the possible combination of fully modular and configurations.
SafePlus Air is a completely sealed system with a stainless steel tank containing all live parts and switching functions. A sealed steel tank with constant atmospheric conditions ensures a high level of reliability as well as personnel safety and a virtually maintenance-free system.
- Rated voltage: 12kV
- Rated current: 630A
- Rated short time current: 20kA for 3 sec
- Dry air insulation with a Global Warming Potential (GWP) of zero
- True GIS design: Protected from ambient conditions by sealed gas compartment
- Easy replacement: Same compact dimensions as the proven SafePlus with SF6 insulation
- Smart grid enabled: Available with sensor technology and digital communication options
- High personnel safety with internal arc proof design
- High flexibility: available as compact, semi-modular and fully modular switchgear
- No SF6 inside: Dry air insulation as eco-efficient alternative for networks up to 12kV
- Compact design with small footprint and low physical weight
- Independent from ambient conditions
- Maintenance-free solution
- Optional arc suppressor: No gases released even in arc fault cases
- Optional combisensor bushing: Integrated voltage and current measurement