Gas-insulated ring main unit SafeRing Air
Medium voltage gas-insulated ring main unit for secondary distribution, 12 kV, 630A
SafeRing Air is a ring main unit (RMU) for the secondary distribution network. The SafeRing Air portfolio is based on dry air technology as insulation medium. Dry air insulation has a Global Warming Potential (GWP) of zero.
For the eco-efficient switchgear portfolio, ABB has developed a new SF6-free load break switch based on a puffer interrupter technology. This new technology replaces the vacuum interrupter technology used in the C-module of SafeRing and SafePlus eco-efficient switchgear. The new load break switch will function both as a load break switch and disconnector switch, in one single operation. It will further be in series with a two-position earthing switch, which will simplify the operating sequence of the C-module.
The switchgear design is based on the existing SafeRing portfolio, offering an advantage to the end users with the same user interface, footprint, spare parts and operation.
SafeRing Air can be supplied in 18 different standard configurations suitable for most switching applications in 12 kV distribution networks.
SafeRing Air is a completely sealed system with a stainless steel tank containing all live parts and switching functions. A sealed steel tank with constant atmospheric conditions ensures a high level of reliability as well as personnel safety and a virtually maintenance-free system.
- Rated voltage: 12kV
- Rated current: 630A
- Rated short time current: 20 kA for 3s
- Dry air insulation with Global Warming Potential (GWP) of zero
- True GIS design: Protected from ambient conditions by sealed gas compartment
- Easy replacement: Same compact dimensions as the proven SafeRing with SF6 insulation
- Smart grid enabled: Available with sensor technology and digital communications options
- Most typical variants: RMU with standard variants up to 5 modules
- Harmonized for higher flexibility: Select SafePlus Air switchgear for more options
- No SF6 inside: Dry Air insulation as eco-efficient alternative for networks up to 12kV
- Compact design with small footprint and low physical weight
- Independent from ambient conditions
- Maintenance-free solution
- Optional arc suppressor: No gases released even in arc fault case
- Optional combisensor bushing: Integrated voltage and current measurement