The SafeRing AirPlus portfolio is based on AirPlusTM technology as insulation medium. SafeRing AirPlus can be supplied in 18 different configurations suitable for most switching applications in 24kV distribution networks.
The SafeRing with AirPlus insulation gas is the world’s first eco-efficient ring main unit (RMU) with a new gas molecule. It is an eco-efficient SF6 alternative for medium voltage and combines the same compact dimensions and advantages as the well-established SafeRing RMU with a Global Warming Potential (GWP) of less than 1.
The gas-insulated switchgear (GIS) design is based on the existing SafeRing portfolio, offering an advantage to the end users with the same user interface, footprint, spare parts and operation.
SafeRing AirPlus is a completely sealed system with a stainless steel tank containing all live parts and switching functions. A sealed steel tank with constant atmospheric conditions ensures a high level of reliability as well as personnel safety and a virtually maintenance-free system.The SafeRing AirPlus is the most compact solution on the market, which makes it ideal for utility, compact secondary substation (CSS), light industry, buildings and infrastructure applications.
- Rated voltage: 24kV
- Rated current: 630A
- Rated short time current: 16kA for 3 sec
- AirPlus insulation gas with Global Warming Potential (GWP) < 1
- True GIS design: Protected from ambient conditions by sealed gas compartment
- Easy replacement: Same compact dimensions as the proven SafeRing with SF6 insulation
- Smart grid enabled: Available with sensor technology and digital communication options
- Most typical variants: RMU with standard variants up to 5 modules
- Harmonized for higher flexibility: Select SafePlus AirPlus switchgear for more options
- No SF6 inside: AirPlus insulation gas as eco-efficient alternative for networks up to 24kV
- Compact design with small footprint and low physical weight
- Independent from ambient conditions
- Maintenance-free solution
- Low filling pressure as known from SafeRing with SF6