ABB Ability™ GIS for MV – Safe Digital is a digital concept for medium-voltage switchgear. Safe Digital is an enhancement of the existing gas-insulated ring main unit switchgear portfolio for secondary applications. The new gas-insulated digital family is enriching the existing ABB digital switchgear portfolio for medium voltage, which offer the air-insulated digital switchgear, namely UniGear Digital.
The Safe Digital concept relies on following main pillars: Well-proven gas-insulated ring main unit switchgear (up to 40.5 kV, up to 630 A, up to 25 kA), state-of-the art sensor technology for current and voltage measurement and advanced communication technology according to IEC 61850 as well as condition monitoring and diagnostics.
Just one communication bus system, which carries interlocking information as well as sampled measured values of voltage signals replaces complex wiring schemes of conventional switchgear. Thanks to continuous supervision of communication on the redundant bus system, Safe Digital offers superior reliability in comparison to a conventional switchgear.
- SafeRing/SafePlus Digital gas-insulated switchgear for secondary applications
up to 40.5kV, 630A, 25kA
- SafeRing/SafePlus Air/AirPlusTM Digital gas-insulated switchgear for secondary applications
- SafeRing/SafePlus Air up to 12kV, 630A, 20kA
- SafeRing AirPlus up to 24kV, 630A, 16kA
- SafeLink2 Digital gas-insulated switchgear for secondary applications
up to 17.5kV, 630A, 21kA
- SafeLink CB Digital gas-insulated switchgear for secondary applications
up to 13.8 kV, 630A, 21kA
- Simplified planning of switchgear projects
- Shortened delivery time by up to three weeks
- Increased flexibility towards changes in projects
- Increased safety during operation, commissioning and operation thanks to sensor technology
- Current and voltage sensors
- Automation and control with IEC 61850 communication protocol
- Condition monitoring and diagnostics
- Upgradable to ABB AbilityTM solutions