What will the world look like in 2040?
In the year 2040, drastic shifts in society will be forcing companies to adapt to new industrial standards, tackling problems of the modern era. The metals industry faces great pressure to transform from an environmental, political, and cultural perspective - and this pressure will continue until major action is taken.
The challenges leading up to 2040 include
- the sustainability crisis
- rapid digitalization and unlocking the potentials in data
- shifts in consumer demands
- the attraction of top talents
How will the future metals plant succeed?
A massive shift in the industry’s operations and strategies must be made in order to tackle the challenges mentioned.
Our vision of the metals industry consists of plants and operations that will be
- constantly developing ecological solutions with the society around it