Earlier this month, ABB’s Distribution Channel team met with decision makers from across the North American utilities and power distribution sectors, at DISTRIBUTECH International in San Diego.
In addition to unveiling a range of renewable energy, grid hardening, and digitalization solutions, the team showcased its extensive partnership credentials for balancing the growing demand on the grid, with the need for more responsible, sustainable energy generation.
During preparations for the show, John Hayter, Vice President of Utilities Market, ABB Electrification, commented on the importance of forging lasting partnerships with trusted solutions providers: “Utilities are facing an unprecedented pressure to ensure grid resiliency today while also preparing for the demands of tomorrow. The industry needs a partner who understands these pressures, who can deliver unique, innovative solutions backed by longstanding grid expertise. At ABB, we support our utility customers with innovations designed for the future needs of the grid, while being rooted in proven electrification excellence.”
The three-day show welcomed an international audience of thousands, and the ABB Booth experienced an unprecedented level of traffic from utility attendees keen to learn more about our longstanding utility industry expertise and innovations designed for future efficiency and sustainability.
ABB partner Randy Conley, Senior Director of Sourcing from WESCO, shared how much the AccuRange current transformer portfolio benefits utilities and shared insights from the event, “I had many conversations with our channel partners helping them understand new technology, products and services and how they can share the benefits with their end-user utilities. Distributors are always looking for products and solutions that can help their customers improve reliability.”
Solutions for Safer, Smarter, More Sustainable Operations
The products showcased at DISTRIBUTECH 2023 solve the pain points of the utility sector today, and in the future:
ABB Ability™ Smart Substation Control and Protection for electrical systems SS600 device now available as a standalone software version
First-ever virtualized protection and control solution on the market helps customers to maximize asset utilization
- Provides up to 15% savings in substation life cycle costs
- A single SSC600 device can handle the tasks of 30 protection relays
- SSC600 enables real-time monitoring and control of distributed energy resources (DER)
NEMA 4 R-MAG® Magnetic Circuit Breaker
- New housing rated NEMA 4 for water ingress protection is ready to withstand sleet, snow, heavy rain, storms and wind driven rain at rates of more than 60Gal/min from any direction
- Option for Internal Arc Resistant housing tested as per IEEE C37.20.7, Type 2B
- Reduced maintenance with magnetic actuator and easy plug-and-play actuator circuitry
Elastimold™ Padmount Recloser
- Contains no oil or gas to create potential environmental hazardous leaks
- Maintenance-free magnetic actuator provides fast open/close cycle times; tested in extreme temperatures -40°C to +65°C
- Modular platform to support unique custom solutions with compact and space-saving designs
Begin a collaboration
To learn more about ABB’s partnership approach to a brighter grid future, contact us today.