As a pioneering technology leader, ABB is committed to deliver innovation and build a comprehensive and sustainable portfolio across the solar sector. Its PVS-175-TL delivers up to 185 kW active power and substantial savings on installation and logistic costs for ground mounted utility-scale applications.
The ABB PVS-175-TL, available to order now for delivery from May 2019, delivers the largest capacity on the market for a 1500Vdc string inverter.
ABB Customer World will be the first showcase of the PVS-175-TL string inverter in the North American market and follows significant interest from European markets, after gaining recognition at Intersolar Munich and being named as leading PV product innovation in 2018.
“It is exciting to offer an award-winning technology to our customers in this market who seek out a higher-power string inverter. The PVS-175-TL inverter not only supports higher power densities, but also improves installation time and cost by way of its reduced commissioning time. It features advanced communication and digitalization for condition-based monitoring, offering proactive maintenance functionality for the operator,” said Eduardo Casilda head of ABB’s solar inverter business in the United States.
Attracting attention from industry experts, the unique capabilities of ABB’s new PVS-175-TL lie in its ability to deliver high modularity, which improves yields and reduces operational maintenance costs with fewer inverters and AC recombiners to complete the optimal power block.
It has been praised as the next evolution in string inverter technology, improving the overall efficiency in PV systems through its high-power density and low-end Levelized Cost of Electricity (LCOE).
Together with all the key benefits of traditional string inverters, the PVS-175-TL is a plug-and-play inverter, which can be installed with ease, directly onto the existing PV modules’ mounting system, using the same process used to install a DC string combiner box.
The three-phase PVS-175-TL delivers up to 185 kVA at 800 Vac and ultra-high-power density with advanced digital capabilities, offered through the ABB Ability™ platform. This not only maximizes the ROI for ground-mounted utility-scale applications, but also reduces Balance-of-System costs for small to large scale, free field ground mounted PV installations.
Quick and easy installation, improved accessibility and visibility, advanced digitalization monitoring through the ABB Ability™ platform, bigger PV clusters and modular combiner-free design are just some of the many advantages of the PVS-175-TL. This includes:
- High power density – largest on the market for a 1500 Vdc inverter, offering up to 65 percent savings on installation and logistics costs.
- Installer friendly, reducing OPEX costs with quicker installation as the existing PV module’s mounting systems can be used to install the inverters, with no need for other devices like DC combiner boxes, saving time and cost on site preparation and hire of plant.
- Greater capacity without compromising on versatility – through its 12 MPPT input channels - the largest range available on the market - PV plant design flexibility and yields are increased in complex installations. The design friendly inverter solutions can be easily adapted for free field ground-mounted installations, ensuring that installers and developers are no longer locked into legacy systems.
- Modular and DC combiner-free design – up to 24 strings can be directly connected to the wiring compartment which, thanks to the integrated DC disconnect and AC wiring section with optional AC disconnect, eliminates the need for separate DC combiner box.
- Enhanced O&M – can be achieved during the operating life of the plant through its unique Advanced Cooling Concept. The internal fans (which are not heavy-duty inverter cooling fans) can be removed easily during scheduled maintenance cycles, while the power module can be replaced easily without removing the wiring box. This preserves the lifetime and reliability of the product and minimizes O&M costs.
- Digitalization – featuring ABB Ability™Platform: to deliver improved user experience, reduced time on site through remote monitoring and predictive maintenance, future proofing the system via automatic updates, compliance and integration with new IP protocols. Multiple data streaming and services can be run in parallel.
ABB is consistently investing in R&D with extensive testing and development of its portfolio to deliver integrated technology and service solutions, which optimize performance, reliability, return on investment for any solar installation, and fulfill the requirements of local markets. ABB aims to deliver technically advanced solutions, which change the way we work, produce, move and power the world.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com