ABB Power Grids is all set to take the digitalization of high-voltage products to the next level. At Hannover Fair 2019, the pioneering technology leader is presenting several ABB Ability™-based solutions for power generation, transmission, power quality and storage.
ABB AbilityTM generator circuit-breaker (GCB) is digitally enabled to aggregate, analyze and manage health data collected through GMS600, the smart monitoring system to increase power plant availability. It is capable of real-time remote monitoring of gas levels, temperature and erosion. Asset performance can be optimized through the collection of smart data. The monitoring of equipment conditions helps predict the appropriate maintenance. The GCB is digitally integrated to provide on-premise as well as cloud connection, including ABB Ability™ Asset Health for GCB.
ABB AbilityTM wireless monitor for surge arresters is a multi-functional device that can be installed on medium- and high-voltage surge arresters. Besides monitoring environmental conditions such as ambient temperature and humidity, it also detects surges and leakage currents. This real-time information enables prompt analysis of grid conditions and allows condition monitoring and predictive maintenance that ultimately reduces electrical network downtime.
ABB Ability™ power quality and energy storage solutions mitigate a range of power quality challenges in electrical networks, thus facilitating a faster and more accurate improvement of grid stability, power quality and energy efficiency. Our products employ active technology based on power electronics, enables variable, fast, smooth and accurate compensation for power quality problems, such as varying power factor, multiple order of harmonics and unbalanced loading. We showcase five solutions:
- PQflexC, a variable reactive power controller
- PQdynaC, an ultra-fast reactive power and unbalance controller
- PQactiF, an active harmonic filter
- PQstorI, a battery storage inverter with power quality functions
- PQoptiM which controls and monitors power quality parameters
Our products employ active technology and are more compact in size, making them ideal for applications where space is scarce or costly.
ABB is a leader in high-voltage technology, offering a wide range of high-voltage products up to 1,200 kV, helping enhance the safety, reliability and efficiency of power networks while minimizing environmental impact.
- Web page: Digital high-voltage technologies
- Web page: ABB Ability™ Generator circuit-breaker (GCB)
- Web page: ABB Ability™ Wireless Monitor for surge arrester
- Web page: ABB Ability™ power quality and energy storage solutions
- Video: ABB Ability™ Generator circuit-breaker
- Video: ABB Ability™ Wireless Monitor for surge arrester