ABB, the world’s leading supplier of distribution solutions for today’s power grid, l presents leading-edge digital grid technologies at CIRED in Madrid, the foremost bi-annual electric distribution conference and exhibition event.
ABB’s exhibition (booth #G11) is showcasing some of its latest technology innovations, with a particular focus on new technology for distribution networks. ABB provides digital technologies for next-generation systems that enable safe, smart and sustainable electrification for utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers.
ABB experts are speaking at six CIRED technical sessions and twelve poster presentations at the event. For a complete list of conference sessions and times, please click here.
ABB is demonstrating its complete portfolio of safe, efficient, and digital solutions for electrical distribution equipment. New product offerings and enhancements on display at the event include:
- SWICOM – ABB improves switchgear efficiency and operational safety with ABB Ability™ Condition Monitoring for switchgear (SWICOM), reducing maintenance costs by as much as 30 percent.
- Eco-efficient load break switch application – ABB showcases a 12/24 kilovolt (kV) prototype of the next-generation of ring main units (RMUs) with an innovative SF6-free load break switch.
- New distribution automation (DA) offering – Innovative, flexible and easy to use are the hallmarks of ABB’s new DA offering, with the REX640 and SSC600, which are available for order. REX640, the latest innovation in the Relion® product family, is ready to protect any asset in advanced power generation and distribution applications. Its ability to cover the full range of utility and industrial applications and manage multiple applications simultaneously, guarantees flexible, versatile and cost-effective protection. ABB AbilityTM smart substation control and protection for electrical systems, SSC600, provides the ability to protect and control a wide variety of utility and industrial applications with a single, centralized device at the substation level. This reduces network complexity, allows easy and cost-effective process management and supports optimal, lifelong asset management for the digital substation.
- AirPlus – This groundbreaking climate-friendly gas mixture offers a 99.99 percent lower global warming potential (GWP) compared to SF6. AirPlus is the first ‘green’ alternative gas on the market for medium-voltage switchgear and is part of ABB’s ongoing strategy to develop eco-efficient technologies.
- MicroSCADA – ABB will launch the latest version of the industry-acclaimed power and automation control solution, with a next-generation human machine interface (HMI), providing a fast and clear overview of the network situation to support the operational reliability of customers’ power distribution system.
- SDA500 – An agile and cost-effective remote terminal unit (RTU)-based intelligent control cabinet that covers all levels of secondary distribution automation.
“As a grid solution partner, ABB is uniquely positioned to offer leading-edge equipment,
software and communications technologies through our ABB AbilityTM-based digital platform,” said Alessandro Palin, managing director of ABB’s Distribution Solutions business line. “ABB’s technologies bring greater connectivity to our customers looking to efficiently manage their distribution systems and find new ways to meet evolving network requirements, while implementing the most sustainable solutions available.”
CIRED 2019 runs from June 3-6 in Madrid, and ABB welcomes visitors to booth #G11. For more information please click here.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader with a comprehensive offering for digital industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB is today a leader in digital industries with four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by its common ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s market leading Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com