- Demonstrate ABB’s world leading technologies and digital solutions
- Communicate with customers and partners for deeper cooperation
- Drive digital transformation and upgrading with innovative products and solutions
The second China International Import Expo (CIIE) will be held in Shanghai from November 5 to 10, 2019. Based on last year’s successful experience, ABB will showcase more than 40 leading products and solutions developed and manufactured around the world at this grand event. ABB will also take this opportunity to exchange opinions on the cutting-edge technologies with local customers and partners and will sign a series of cooperation agreements with many Chinese companies.
The CIIE is the first import-themed expo in the world, which is a significant move for the Chinese government to give firm support to trade liberalization and economic globalization. Featuring larger scale, higher quality and more diversified activities this year, the second CIIE will have more new products, technologies and services to be launched and exhibited for the first time.
“The CIIE is an important measure for China to firmly support trade liberalization and open its market to the world. It also creates a wide platform to promote cross-company communication and cross-boundary collaboration.” said ZZ Zhang, Senior Vice President of ABB Group and President of ABB China, “We are honored to be invited to join the event again. This year, we will have a larger exhibition area, a richer variety of exhibits and a more vivid display. We hope the expo will allow us to find more opportunities to better learn the needs of local customers, to drive co-innovation and to expand broad collaboration.”
With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years and global R&D advantages, ABB is actively providing Chinese customers with strong technical support through continuous technology innovation, aiming to become the partner of choice for China’s digital transformation. Covering 300 square meters, ABB booth at CIIE 2019 will include three major segments of smart manufacturing, smart energy, smart transportation and smart city. Technical experts from different fields will be onsite to introduce ABB's innovative products and technologies to the visitors.
Smart manufacturing of the future
ABB's innovative technologies cover the whole value chain of industrial automation, helping industrial customers improve efficiency, reduce costs and lower environmental impact. At the exhibition, ABB will showcase many leading products and technologies from Switzerland, Finland, Austria and other countries, with the following examples.
- ABB AbilityTM Digital Powertrain connects drives, motors, pumps and bearings, taking uptime and productivity to new heights via ABB AbilityTM. The data insights gained from the powertrain enables customers to be better connected with their assets and make even better decisions to ensure safe, reliable and efficient operations. The ABB AbilityTM Digital Powertrain is suitable for applications in the process, discrete and infrastructure industries. It enables users to digitally “see” operational variables and health indicators through an integrated, one-stop portal.
- The new generation ACS580 can simplify production process and motor control. It can be used for wall mounted installation or cabinet type installation and is suitable for many variable torque and constant torque applications, such as pumps, fans, compressors, conveyor belts and mixers by simple and direct setting or debugging and can easily achieve energy saving at the same time.
- ABB AbilityTM Ekip Up has become an advanced solution for digital upgrading and transformation. Its networking and software functionality provide flexibility thanks to the built-in software and plug-and-play modular combinations. It improves the performance of existing equipment and provides monitoring, protection and additional control. It has been successfully applied in projects including the Qinghai Golmud Salt Lake Potash Project, helping customers effectively improve their digital production management.
- With the world's first machine vision solution to be seamlessly incorporated in the automation system, ABB B&R takes integrated machine vision to a whole new level. Both the hardware and software of B&R’s vision solution can be totally integrated into the control system. As the "eye of the machine" of industrial Internet of things and the industry 4.0 intelligent system, this solution has become an important part of smart manufacturing production line.
Smart transportation of the future
Transportation innovation is advancing rapidly. With the leading electric vehicle charging technology, intelligent shipping and intelligent rail transit solutions, ABB leads the industrial digitization of transportation.
- Azipod® steerable propulsion systems, which is developed in Finland, is one of the world's first electric propeller propulsion system placed outside of the hull and helps improve energy efficiency and maneuverability of the ship and effectively cut fuel consumption by up to 15 percent. ABB provided such solution for China's first domestically built cruise ship this year, providing technical support to meet the current and future demand of China's cruise market.
- Tekomar XPERT is a sustainable performance evaluation software solution that evaluates deviations and quantifies potential fuel savings to support optimal fleet performance. With actionable insights and specific recommendations, operators can optimizes engine function and achieve fuel savings of typically 0.5 to 3 tons of fuel per day, per vessel to minimize maintenance costs.
- As ABB Formula E revs up for Season 6, ABB warmly invites audiences on site to try the ABB Formula E race simulator to experience the collision of speed and passion. With 11,000 ABB DC fast chargers sold across 76 countries worldwide, it is the technology leader in this field.
Smart city of the future
Through the interconnection of different product lines, ABB helps urban users achieve the smart management of equipment and reduction of energy consumption to bring more comfortable experiences to urban residents.
- ABB’s AI-empowered Intelligent Waste Separation System is one of the highlights on site. This solution, which integrates autonomous robots, artificial intelligence (AI), cloud computing and other software and hardware technologies, can create a closed loop from device, edge to cloud. By learning the in-depth separation algorithm and ABB’s unique PickMaster System, the conveyor chain is seamlessly and accurately tracked, and the final separation is completed by collaborative robotics. The operational data and device information of the entire process are uploaded to the cloud in real time and further analyzed and optimized in the ABB AbilityTM application.
- The multifunctional TruONETM ATS showcased is a true all-in-one automatic transfer switch, engineered to incorporate the switch and controller in one seamless unit. Its self-contained design reduces the number of wires and connections, which speeds installation and ensures best-in-class reliability.
- ABB Ability™ Mobile Gas Leak Detection System takes advantage of the algorithm of ABB's proprietary software, that can display the geographic information map with a variety of gas concentrations in real time by combining the detected gas concentration data, geographical location information and wind speed data . It accurately evaluates the leak points of gas pipeline network, and ensures the safety of an urban gas pipeline network. In China, this system is combined with BeiDou Navigation Satellite System to acquire accurate real-time positioning information and carry out rapid checks on the operating status of urban gas networks.
Smart energy of the future
In the face of the global energy revolution, renewable energy, energy interconnection, and digital technologies are driving unprecedented changes in the power grid. ABB is committed to becoming the partner of choice for the grid of the future by optimizing existing technologies with intelligent solutions.
- ABB’s StakPak semiconductor module displayed in CIIE is at the heart of the voltage sourced converter (VSC), enabling high voltage direct current (HVDC) transmission at very high power while significantly reducing energy losses. It continuously helps customers improve capacity, increase energy efficiency and reduce environmental impact. ABB's innovative semiconductor technology has particularly made its contributions with its pioneering technology to the GW-level VSC-HVDC projects in China.
The second CIIE expects to attract over 3,000 enterprises from more than 150 countries and regions. Meanwhile, hundreds of supporting activities, outdoor exhibition areas and outdoor unmanned vehicle driving activity area will be added. In addition, the “CIIE Launch” Platform will be established for the first time to issue relevant important policies and research achievements of international organization, etc. With this broad platform, ABB will conduct technical exchanges with many industry customers and partners to promote collaborative innovation and share cooperation opportunities.
For more information about ABB’s leading technologies and innovative solutions, please visit:
ABB booth B3-001, Hall 4.1 (High-end Intelligent Equipment Hall), National Exhibition and Convention Center (Shanghai)
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB AbilityTM digital platform. ABB’s Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. ABB has a full range of business activities in China, including R&D, manufacturing, sales and services, with near 20,000 employees located in more than 130 cities, 44 local companies, and online and offline channels across around 700 cities.