The evolution of PCM600 continues with this brand new version
Protection and Control IED Manager (PCM600) version 2.10 has been released. PCM600 provides versatile functionalities for the entire life cycle of all Relion® Protection and Control IED applications.
New features and benefits / feature enhancements
Further enhancement, to support for mixed editions of IEC 61850.
- IED configuration can be now migrated from IEC 61850 edition 1 to edition 2 and vice-versa*.
IEC 61850 improvements
- Automatic creation of Report control block when DataSet is created
- Consistency check for logical node on import of SCD
Application Configuration improvements
- Reference partner variables information in printout
- Graphical Indication for unconnected variables
Communication management improvements
- Import/Export of protocol mapping, mass change of mapping.
Defense in depth:
- Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2 compliant
- Central account management with Active Directory*
- Compare protection settings, graphically
- User defined name can be bigger than before
- I/O mapping export in XML file
- Pattern copy/paste of connections
- Improved robustness of the software.
Support for newer operating system
- Windows Server 2019
- Virtualization, e.g. using Citrix virtual app and desktop.
Note: *Availability of the feature depends on Connectivity Package.
Following documentation is available and can be found on the PCM600 product page and the ABB Substation Automation Software Library:
- PCM600 Installation guide
- PCM600 Readme file
- PCM600 Product guide
- PCM600 Getting started guide
The PCM600 user documentation is available as on-line help in PCM600 included in PCM600 installation.
Technical requirements on environment
Hardware and software requirements.
- The supported operating systems and hardware requirements are described in the PCM600 installation guide. The guide also cover how to install for distributed environment\virtualization.
- Using PCM600 requires that the applicable IED Connectivity Package has been installed. The connectivity packages can be downloaded from the Update Manager of PCM600. Furthermore the IED Connectivity Packages for 670, 650 and SAM600 series are also available on a separate IED Connectivity Package DVD that is delivered together with the IEDs, whereas the IED Connectivity Packages for 640, 630, 620, 615, 611, 610, RIO600, RBX615, PML630, SSC600, REX521, RE_54_, SPACOM and REF542plus can also be downloaded from the Substation Automation portal.
Products supported in this release
PCM600 version 2.10 supports the following protection and control products:
- Relion® family and supporting products: 670, 650, 640, 630, 620, 615, 611, 610, 601, REB500, RIO600, PML630, PWC600, GMS600, SAM600, SSC600
- REX521 and RE_54_ series
- Selected SPACOM relays
Features and benefits in previous versions of PCM600
- PCM600 2.9 (released in April 2018)
- PCM600 2.8 (released in October 2016)
- PCM600 2.7 (released in December 2015)
IED Connectivity Package support for PCM600 2.10
For the best performance we recommend the latest versions/revisions of the IED Connectivity Packages available in the PCM600 update manager to be used together with the PCM600 2.10.
Life cycle statement
The PCM600 2.10 will replace all previous versions of PCM600. The replaced versions will be moved to obsolete phase in the software life cycle policy, which means that they will no longer be maintained.
Ordering and delivery information
PCM600 2.10 is license free and can be downloaded free of charge from the ABB Substation Automation Software Library. PCM600 can also be ordered on a DVD using the following ordering number:
Software PCM600 2.10
Ordering number PCM600-210
The installation of PCM600 2.10 is started by running the installation program (PCM600.exe).
Notes: PCM600 2.10 can be installed in parallel to already installed PCM600 versions like 2.9, 2.8, 2.7, 2.6, 2.5 or earlier.
Known limitations and supporting information
For technical limitations and supporting information, please refer to the PCM600 readme file. Some PCM600 functionality might not yet be available in all the available ABB IEDs. For further information please refer to the release notes of the IEDs and its Connectivity Packages.
The Protection and Control IED Manager PCM600 tool provides versatile functionalities for the entire life cycle of all Relion® Protection and Control IED applications. This easy-to-handle tool helps you to manage your protection and control equipment all the way from application and communication configuration to disturbance handling. Designed to communicate, PCM600 interacts with IEDs over the fast and reliable TCP/IP via corporate LAN or WAN, or alternatively directly through the communication port at the front of the IED.
The PCM600 tool is able to read and write all configuration and setting data of an IED with a single command. The user interface, workflow and the IEC 61850-based data model in PCM600 are designed according to the same philosophy as the Relion® Protection and Control IEDs, ensuring smooth and seamless integration between the tool and the IEDs. PCM600 also secures the projects and data created with earlier versions of the PCM600 tool, which enables full backwards compatibility.
Raghuvendra Singh, Global Product Manager
Gaurav Srivastav, Product Manager