Polish energy company’s eight-year contract renewal supports seven sites
PGE Energia Ciepła, part of PGE Capital Group, renewed an ABB Power Generation Care Agreement. The eight-year contract covers the following Polish facilities:
- PGE Energia Ciepła S.A. Branch Wybrzeże (CHP Gdańsk and CHP Gdynia)
- PGE Energia Ciepła S.A. Branch nr 1 in Kraków (CHP Kraków)
- PGE Toruń S.A. (CHP Toruń)
- Kogeneracja S.A. (CHP in Wrocław and CHP in Siechnice)
As part of the agreement, ABB conducts annual service inspections, remote diagnostics and repairs of the control systems at these sites. ABB technicians and the spare parts warehouse are available for emergency situations that may impact production capacity, as well as for other service needs where local intervention is required.
For the first time in the service agreement, PGE Energia Ciepła included both ABB and third-party control systems, including the following:
- ABB Symphony Plus Melody
- ABB Symphony Plus Procontrol P14
- ABB Symphony Plus Safety, based on AC800M high integrity
- ABB Central PGIM, archiving and reporting system
- Third-party Siemens safety system
- ET200 I/Os integrated within Symphony Plus via Profibus DPV2
- ABB AC500 controllers for telemetry and water pumping station in the heat distribution network in the PGE Toruń
- ABB Freelance control systems
- Siemens safety system
ABB Power Generation Care is a modular service agreement framework designed to cut complexity, control cost, and maximize capital for ABB customers. ABB Power Generation Care offers three Care Packages:
- Rapid Response, which guarantees fast and flexible service response to maximize equipment availability;
- Lifecycle Management, which provides powerful tools and our knowledge base to optimize and extend equipment life;
- Performance Improvement, which increases productivity through usability and efficiency optimization of equipment and processes.
PGE Energia Ciepła produces and supplies heat in the largest Polish cities - Kraków, Gdańsk, Gdynia and Wrocław, as well as in Toruń, Zielona Góra and Siechnice - in which it also has heating networks. The company is also the owner of the system power plant in Rybnik. PGE Energia Ciepła, a part of PGE Group, is responsible for the implementation of the PGE Group’s Heating Strategy for 2018 – 2023 with perspective for 2030, announced on December 14, 2017. In accordance with the adopted Strategy, PGE’s intention is to be the leader of environmental changes in the sector by carrying out activities supporting the battle for clean air in Polish cities.
PGE Capital Group is Poland’s largest energy sector company with respect to sales revenues and net profit. Thanks to the combination of its own fuel resources, power generation and distribution networks, PGE guarantees a safe and reliable power supply to over 5 million households, businesses and institutions. PGE's mission is to ensure security and growth based on reliability of supply, technical excellence, modern services and partnership relationships.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees. www.abb.com.