- The company is once again ranked among Canada's Top 100 Employers for facilitating ongoing employee communications and providing a healthy and safe work environment.
- With over 10,000 employers invited to apply, this recognition highlights ABB Canada’s commitment to its people from coast to coast.
"At ABB, we know we are at our best when our employees feel heard and valued. This year, more than ever, we listened to the needs of our people, who have shown great resilience in adapting to a new way of working." explains Éric Deschênes, Country Managing Director and Head of ABB’s Electrification business in Canada. “This award is a testament to our ongoing commitment to improving our employees' work life balance and experience."
Mediacorp‘s Canada’s Top 100 Employers competition recognizes employers with exceptional human resources programs and forward-thinking workplace policies. Winners are selected based on performance and offerings in eight key areas, including: physical workplace, work atmosphere and social; health, financial and family benefits; vacation and time off, employee communications, performance management, training and skills development; and community involvement.
Working at ABB
Here are a few of the reasons why ABB has been selected as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers:
- Employee communications: ABB implemented various initiatives to facilitate ongoing communications over the past year, including a 24/7 support hotline to connect employees to resources such as HR, IT support, and mental health assistance, a dedicated mailbox for employees to share questions, concerns and suggestions to leadership, and regular presidential updates.
- Health: ABB encourages employees to keep their physical health top of mind, providing free access to virtual fitness classes and participating in an annual global health challenge - the company also supports emotional well-being with a mental health practitioner benefit of up to $1,000 per year.
- Financial and family benefits: ABB helps employees save for the longer term with a defined contribution pension plan and provides a variety of great financial perks, including new employee referral bonuses, profit-sharing, and a share purchase plan.
"The dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees is what defines ABB," says Sylvie Bergeron, vice president of human resources at ABB in Canada. "We create safe, fair, equitable and inclusive work environments in which our employees can succeed and grow."
Headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, ABB operates 32 locations across Canada. The company employs nearly 3,000 people, 30% of whom are women from 60 different nationalities. We are proud to offer a workplace where innovation and determination are the hallmarks of a company whose values and culture have come to the fore and remain at the forefront.
For more information about the Canada’s Top 100 Employers Award, and to access the digital publication, click here.
To learn more about career opportunities with ABB in Canada, visit the careers portal.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a leading global technology company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. By connecting software to its electrification, robotics, automation and motion portfolio, ABB pushes the boundaries of technology to drive performance to new levels. With a history of excellence stretching back more than 130 years, ABB’s success is driven by about 105,000 talented employees in over 100 countries. www.abb.com