ABB Bulgaria was awarded with a Silver Annual Sign "Responsible company - responsible employees," issued by the BCause foundation, the Bulgarian Public Relations Association, the Bulgarian Association for People Management, and the Association of CSR Specialists.
Twenty-four companies received recognition for their efforts in supporting social causes, volunteering activities and donations in any shape or form. Building on last year’s success with а Bronze Sign, ABB has kept developing its volunteering and donations strategy and increased the number of initiatives it supports, so the Silver Sign is a great recognition for the efforts of the whole team.
The activities that won the award provide impactful support for community-building initiatives across three pillars: education, diversity and inclusion, and care in the community. The company was awarded for support of the following:
- Support for the Regional Children’s Football club “Franz Kokov”, Rakovski by providing the awards for the 2021 tournament
- Martenitzas with a cause in support of the local Social Tea House in Plovdiv and children deprived of parental care
- “Caps for the Future” initiative – collected 175 kg of plastic, which was donated and recycled to help provide more incubators for newborns
- Donation to the “For Our Children” Foundation for June 1st, International Children’s Day. The company donated 10 BGN for each drawing made by the children of ABB employees which came to a total of 1,000 BGN
- Participation in Bulgarian Red Cross’s initiative for collection of household textiles, through which 185 kg of textile was collected over 14 days with the help of many employees in the branch
- Donation of a metal heart for plastic caps to Geo Milev Primary School in Belozem, Plovdiv municipality
- ABB Charity Christmas bazaar, through which employees could bring items of their choice to be part of the bazaar and other colleagues could buy the ones they like most. Children of ABB employees could also participate in the bazaar by crafting a hand-made Christmas card. The raised funds were donated to the Children's Center for Early Childhood Development, part of “For Our Children” Foundation
- Contribution to “Operation Teddy Bear” based on an internal campaign, according to which for each 10 vaccinated employees the company donates 100 BGN in support of children in need
„We are very happy to be receiving the Annual Sign for the second consecutive year. Our employees show strong interest and participate in various volunteer initiatives, and even give new ideas themselves. The satisfaction that each of us receives when participating in various initiatives is extremely high. For 2022 we plan to take even more initiatives and expand volunteering,“ said Viliana Bakalova, HR Business Partner.
The 24 winners of the Annual Sign have submitted a total of 117 different projects, in which they had the opportunity to involve their nearly 37,000 employees in 2021 through regular donations, various bazaars, sports challenges, outdoor volunteering, volunteer courses and knowledge- and skill-sharing sessions. As a result of these efforts, 1 150 000 BGN were donated for various causes, as well as tens of thousands of hours of voluntary work. ABB is proud to be among those companies and be a part of these figures, which really help to make a difference.