- Arc Flash Mitigation (AFM) motor starter units help provide added protection to personnel from arc flash occurrences
- PSTx softstarters feature built-in Modbus, as well as Anybus modules that support all major communication protocols
- Motor starters with SACE® Tmax® XT motor circuit protectors and UMC100.3 relays are also available
ABB today announced enhancements to their flagship ReliaGear™ LV MCC low voltage motor control center. In addition to ACS580 variable frequency drives, ReliaGear LV MCC is now available with PSTx softstarters up to 500 HP, motor starters with SACE® Tmax® XT motor circuit protectors, and UMC100.3 relays. All are compatible with a wide range of fieldbus protocols and offer the option for retractable stab arc flash mitigation (AFM) units.
“Customers have identified safety, communication flexibility and unit sustainability as their top concerns and ABB has responded with these technology enhancements.” said Dick Jackman, Senior Vice President, ANSI MV+LV Switchgear, ABB. “Additionally, we understand that footprint is important and expensive for customers to build and maintain so ReliaGear LV MCC units are also built with high density in mind.”
- Safe: Arc Flash Mitigation (AFM) motor starter units incorporate a retractable stab mechanism for closed-door racking of units. This feature helps provide added protection to personnel from the dangers of arc flash occurrences
- Smart: PSTx softstarters are available up to 500HP and feature built-in Modbus and Anybus modules that support all major communication protocols. PSTx softstarters reduce the mechanical stress on motor applications, helping to increase system uptime
- Sustainable: Where footprint allows, ReliaGear LV MCC starter units are backward-compatible with the previous generation E9000 LV MCC to help customers sustain existing equipment longer
Additionally, UMC 100.3 relays, as well as Multilin MM200 and MM300 motor management relays, allow for a wide range of communications options and SACE® Tmax® XT feeder breakers allow customers an option for Ekip and Ekip Touch trip units to help increase reliability, installation time, and connectivity.
For more information on features and benefits of ReliaGear LV MCC, please see https://electrification.us.abb.com/products/motor-control-centers-mccs.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a leading global technology company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. By connecting software to its electrification, robotics, automation and motion portfolio, ABB pushes the boundaries of technology to drive performance to new levels. With a history of excellence stretching back more than 130 years, ABB’s success is driven by about 105,000 talented employees in over 100 countries. www.abb.com
Electrifying the world in a safe, smart and sustainable way, ABB Electrification is a global technology leader in electrical distribution and management from source to socket. As the world’s demand for electricity grows, our 50,000+ employees across 100 countries collaborate with customers and partners to transform how people connect, live and work. We develop innovative products, solutions and digital technologies that enable energy efficiency and a low carbon society across all sectors. By applying global scale with local expertise, we shape and support global trends, deliver excellence for customers and power a sustainable future for society. go.abb/electrification