- ABB to showcase electrifying solutions for a brighter grid future at Booth #2528
- Solutions for today’s challenges in the utility industry, including grid resiliency, energy transition, infrastructure growth and EV adoption
- ABB delivers longstanding utility industry expertise with innovations designed for future efficiency and sustainability
ABB will showcase innovative solutions designed for the utility industry that facilitate more efficient, sustainable energy delivery at DISTRIBUTECH International, a leading annual transmission and distribution event. DISTRIBUTECH takes place in San Diego, California, February 7-9.
Decision makers for the utility industry are facing mounting pressure to balance demands on the grid with responsibility to ensure sustainable energy delivery. This pressure intensifies several pain points for the industry like grid resiliency, keeping the grid “on” and positioning the utility to return the grid to service quickly following natural disasters, physical attacks, cyberattacks or equipment failure. Further, the energy transition is highlighting the importance of energy storage to mitigate intermittency of renewable energy sources. Some utilities are also challenged to address the wave of EVs and their charging requirements, and how to best leverage the resources available through new legislation passed to support infrastructure growth.
“Utilities are facing an unprecedented pressure to ensure grid resiliency today while also preparing for the demands of tomorrow. The industry needs a partner who understands that pressure, who can deliver unique, innovative solutions backed by longstanding grid expertise,” said John Hayter, Vice President of Utilities Market, ABB Electrification. “At ABB, we support our utility customers with innovations designed for the future needs of the grid, while being rooted in proven electrification excellence.”
Solutions for Safer, Smarter, More Sustainable Operations
ABB’s DISTRIBUTECH Booth #2528 will showcase the products and services that address these pain points for the utility industry. Products on display include:
ABB Ability™ Smart Substation Control and Protection for electrical systems SSC600 device
- First-ever virtualized protection and control solution on the market helps customers to maximize asset utilization
- Provides up to 15% savings in substation life cycle costs
- A single SSC600 device can handle the tasks of 30 protection relays
- SSC600 enables real-time monitoring and control of distributed energy resources (DER)
NEMA 4 R-MAG® Magnetic Circuit Breaker
- New housing rated NEMA 4 for water ingress protection is ready to withstand sleet, snow, heavy rain, storms and wind driven rain at rates of more than 60Gal/min from any direction
- Option for Internal Arc Resistant housing tested as per IEEE C37.20.7, Type 2B
- Reduced maintenance with magnetic actuator and easy plug-and-play actuator circuitry
Elastimold™ Padmount Recloser
- Contains no oil or gas to create potential environmental hazardous leaks
- Maintenance-free magnetic actuator provides fast open/close cycle times; tested in extreme temperatures -40°C to +65°C
- Modular platform to support unique custom solutions with compact and space-saving designs
Visit the ABB EV Zone, Booth #6221
ABB is the exclusive sponsor of this year’s EV Zone, booth #6221. Stop by to speak with ABB’s e-mobility experts about the latest in EV charging technology, how the grid is impacted and how utilities can better serve the private sector as EV adoption increases.
Expert-Led Learning for Future Energy Leaders
ABB is a lead sponsor of the DISTRIBUTECH Future Energy Leaders program, through which students can attend sessions and courses based on timely topics in the industry, take advantage of networking opportunities, and more.
“Giving students the opportunity to attend the event and meet with key players in the industry is critical to moving the industry forward,” says Nicole Furnia, Director, University Relations, Early Talent and Employer Branding for the Americas, ABB. “Students will have the chance to meet with industry leaders in an environment designed for networking and relationship building, it’s invaluable to their career progression as they enter the workforce."
Learn more about ABB’s solutions, speakers and networking opportunities at DISTRIBUTECH at https://electrification.us.abb.com/distributech-2023.
ABB is a technology leader in electrification and automation, enabling a more sustainable and resource-efficient future. The company’s solutions connect engineering know-how and software to optimize how things are manufactured, moved, powered and operated. Building on more than 130 years of excellence, ABB’s ~105,000 employees are committed to driving innovations that accelerate industrial transformation. www.abb.com