ABB is fully committed to protecting your privacy and respecting your rights to control how your personal data is used. In this context, we wish to inform you about recent changes to the ABB privacy notice. This email contains our updated notice which applies to ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd, and all its subsidiary companies.
Who controls your personal data
ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd and its subsidiary companies are responsible for your personal data. For applicable data protection law, the controller of your data will be the ABB affiliate which is providing services or communicating to you.
Asea Brown Boveri S.A., Calle San Romualdo 13 Madrid, Spain, will be the controller of your personal data collected under this consent or processed by relying on legitimate interest with regards to your participation in the opening event of the Customer Innovation Centre, on the 16th of October in ABB Facilities located in Sant Quirze del Vallès, Barcelona. Asea Brown Boveri S.A .is responsible for the privacy of your data.
We process only a minimum of your personal data, which is necessary to run our opening event of the Customer Innovation Center and related activities to facilitate this event. We perform those activities based on our legitimate interests to manage your attendance. Where the law requires us to do so, we will ask you for your consent. In addition, we may need to share your personal data with third parties both inside and outside the European Union for business or legal purposes (for example, ABB affiliates, our business partners and service providers). Where that is the case, we will establish agreements with such third parties for your data to be kept safe.
Controllers located outside of the European Union (EU) have appointed a representative for EU data privacy matters. For details about your controller’s EU representative, please submit a request at www.abb.com/privacy.
The personal data we collect about you and how we get it
We collect the following categories of personal data:
- The contact information you share with us to register and communicate in the course of the event: first and last name (including what name you indicate to appear on your event name tag), birth date, business email address, business mobile phone number, job position or title, customer or employee ID or number and photographs.
We collect the following special categories of personal data:
- The information about your food preferences you share with us in the course of the event: dietary requirements.
What we use your personal data for
We use your personal data to:
- register and manage your attendance to events and forums;
- provide you with information and services associated with the event;
- facilitate the event and provide you with an acceptable service (e.g. dietary requirements to organize catering);
- publish photographs taken at the event in the application (including of event speakers, of large groups of attendees or individual portraits).
We only collect the personal data from you that we need for the above purposes. We may also anonymize your personal data, so it no longer identifies you and use it for various purposes, including the improvement of our services and testing our IT systems.
The legal basis on which we use your personal data
We use your personal data for the purposes described in this notice based on one of the following legal bases, as applicable:
- We will ask your consent for the activities described in this privacy notice, for example for allowing us to take pictures during the event and to collect any information about dietary requirements as this type of information is classed as sensitive data;
- We will rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal data within a limited scope, such as taking non-individualized pictures and/or video footage during the event or to send you a onetime satisfaction survey or a thank-you email after the event. You may obtain a copy of our assessment of why we may process your personal data for these interests by submitting a request at www.abb.com/privacy.
How we share your personal data
We only share your personal data with other ABB affiliates or third parties as necessary for the purposes described in this notice. If you are allocated places at an event, we will ask for information about any dietary/access requirements. We do not share this information in any identifiable way with the venue.
Where we share your personal data with a party outside of the EU, we always put safeguards in place to protect your personal data as described below.
You may obtain a copy of the safeguards which we use to protect your personal data by submitting a request at www.abb.com/privacy.
How long we keep your personal data
We only keep your personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes described in this privacy notice. After this time, we will securely delete your personal data, unless we are required to keep it in order to meet legal or regulatory obligations, or to resolve potential disputes.
Any information about dietary requirements will be deleted immediately after the event as this information can reveal sensitive personal data (e.g. religion, allergies, etc.).
Your data privacy rights
Depending on the jurisdiction in which you are located and in which your personal data is processed, you may have the following rights:
You may request to enforce your data privacy rights at www.abb.com/privacy. In certain circumstances, we may need to restrict the above rights to safeguard the public interest (e.g., the prevention or detection of crime) or our business interests (e.g., the maintenance of legal privilege).
Contact and further information
If you have any questions about how we use your personal data or wish to make a complaint about how we handle it, you may contact our Group Data Protection Officer at email@example.com, or submit your complaint at www.abb.com/privacy. Should you not be satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data against the law, you may also contact the Data Privacy Authority in your country of residence or work or where you believe an infringement of data privacy laws may have taken place.
We thank you for your continued trust in ABB.