Wat Sarawanaram School is small kindergarten and primary school, which consisting of 3 buildings, 115 students and 8 teachers. When ABB started surveying and working with the school earlier last year, the 41-year-old one-storey wooden building was in a state of disrepair, even in poor condition and unsafe for the primary students.
ABB helped lift its building at 2.80 meters; replacing of poles, roof, ceiling, staircase and painting. The foundation was filled with concrete where could be used as multi-purpose area for all student activities. It took about 3 months to complete the renovation.
Additionally, ABB employees contributed THB 80,000.- to buy cloths, water tanks, books, sport equipment, plants and necessary things for all students. We would like to thank employees for their contributions.
This is the 7th school where ABB and employees help in providing the students with better facilities as well as fulling ABB’s social commitment and keeping good relationship with the Communities. It is not only supports the rural schools to build a better quality of life in communities where we operate but also encourage the employees to volunteer for social responsibility.
List of the schools where we supported since Year 2008 - 2015
1. Piboon Prachaban School, Muang District, Samutprakarn, 2008
2. Baan Klong-Bang-Bor School, Wang-Jan District, Rayong, 2009
3. Baan Prong-Swong-Kiriwan School, Thaluang District, Lopburi, 2010
4. Wat Aran-Praisri School, Srimahapote District, Prachinburi, 2012
5. Wat Sri-Long School, Bang-bor District, Samutprakarn, 2013
6. Watkalong School, Bang-bor District, Samutprakarn, 2014
7. Wat Sarawanaram School, Na-dee District, Prachinburi, 2015