S800 I/O is a comprehensive, distributed and modular process I/O system that communicates with parent controllers over industry-standard field buses. Thanks to its broad connectivity it fits a wide range of process controllers from ABB and others.
By permitting installation in the field, close to sensors and actuators, S800 I/O reduces the installation cost by reducing the cost of cabling. And thanks to features such as hot swap of modules, on-line reconfiguration and redundancy options, it contributes to keeping production -- and thereby profits up.
S800 I/O features include:
- Comprehensive coverage
- Flexible configuration and installation
- Ease of set up
- Reliability and accuracy
- HART pass-through
- Redundancy also on I/O module level
- High Integrity I/O modules certified to SIL3
- High accuracy time tagging
- Defined outputs at communication errors
- I/O modules with Intrinsic Safety interfaces