IEC/ANSI indoor vacuum circuit breaker Vmax
Reliable low-duty protection
The Vmax circuit breaker is the synthesis of ABB’s affirmed technology in designing and constructing vacuum interrupters and excellence in design, engineering and production of circuit breakers. The simple and small footprint design translates into greater flexibility of the breaker and its components.
Medium voltage circuit breaker with mechanical actuator (spring mechanism) for primary distribution, up to 17.5 kV, 2000 A, 31.5 kA.
- The competitive solution among medium voltage vacuum circuit breakers
- Ideal for standard low-duty distribution applications
- Same operating mechanism and accessories as the main line VD4 medium voltage vacuum circuit breaker
- Compact solution in the fixed version (phase distance 133 mm)
- Vacuum interrupters insulated by casted partitions
- Modular spring-operated mechanical actuator ensuring easy operation even without auxiliary supply
- 10,000 mechanical operations
- Not suitable for special applications such as capacitive switching, generators and marine
- Rated at up to 17.5 kV, 1250 A, 31.5 kA (IEC) and 15 kV, 1200 A, 31.5 kA (ANSI)