MV vacuum interrupters and embedded poles
The current interrupting devices up to 40,5 kV, 3150 A, 63 kA. Located in the pole parts, they are the core components for building vacuum circuit-breakers.
Vacuum switching technology is nowadays the dominant switching principle in medium voltage. Together with perfect function at the selected ratings, the compactness of these components is especially decisive, as they determine the overall size of the whole switching device. Embedding the vacuum interrupters in a special cast resin makes the pole parts of the circuit-breaker notably robust and at the same time protects the ABB vacuum interrupters from impact, dust, moisture and external damage. There is currently no more effective form of protection.
- Vacuum interrupters for circuit-breakers from 12 to 40.5 kV with rated short-circuit breaking currents of up to 63 kA, and vacuum interrupters for switch-disconnectors and vacuum contactors from 7.2 to 24 kV.
- Embedded poles for rated voltages of up to 40.5 kV, rated currents up to 3150 A and rated short-circuit breaking currents up to 50 kA. The range is rounded off by embedded poles for outdoor applications, including UV protection.
- ABB is the leader in this segment of the global market
- Compact design and versatility in use satisfy the requirements of medium voltage networks operated differently throughout the world
- Fulfill the requirements for railway and other special applications