System 800xA - Collaborative Process Automation System from ABB will allow the customer to have the complete process and electrical system on a single platform to have better control and monitoring of their 118MW Coal Power Plant ensuring highest level of system availability.
ABB’s latest CPAS technology will benefit the customer to monitor, control, optimize, and maintain from one single interface which has numerous benefits such as
- Common view for both process and power plant
- One single view of all plant assets & integrated devices
- Reduce time for configuration and commissioning
- Detailed diagnostics available at any time
- Apply predictive maintenance strategies
- Scalable hardware & software for future expansion
- Easier to manage human resource competencies on a single system
- Easier to maintain system spares
A very unique requirement, done first time in Pakistan
Supply of UFES (Ultra-Fast earth switch and REA based arc protection system) for MV switchgear application is a very unique requirement and done for the first time in Pakistan. Upgrading an existing line-up of switchgear by adding the REA Arc Protection System can have huge benefits. Equipment damage can be minimized, power restoration can occur quicker, and lives may even be saved with this technology.
Integration of electrical switchgear over IEC 61850
“We also successfully proposed the integration of electrical switchgear over IEC 61850 using System 800xA with IEC61850 connect, which has reduced the overall wiring and design of the project. Previously, ABB had delivered three different automation projects at the FFBL successfully, where the customer has been highly satisfied with the ABB system, as well as the local service team.