The modular system structure of the optimization system realized in Fujairah is detailed in the report . Real-time data is collected from a Siemens Teleperm XP via an OPC server, a Siemens Win CC and a GE Mark V system. The data is stored in the long term real-time database, Power Generation Information Manager, or PGIM (former PlantConnect) from ABB, which is then used as a common data source for all the optimization tools and other applications.
PGIM is also a Plant Information Management System (PIMS) with a Human System Interface (HSI) enabling the user to view graphics, trends and reports. Performance indicators such as GT efficiency are calculated with the integrated software tool known as “Technical Calculation”.
A model-based tool which is able to accurately simulate thermodynamic behavior of a plant under varying ambient conditions and different steady-state operating conditions. In Fujairah, the model is used for:
- Data validation: It reconciles online measurements to avoid measurement errors
- MSF optimization: It gives optimal internal MSF operation setpoints at a given load
- Fuel Demand Model: PowerCycle is used to calculate the expected fuel demand according to the plant design, and this is confirmed by performance measurements at plant take over
Other tools include:
- PowerFit calculates optimal schedules. This software is mainly used as a tool for day ahead planning
- BoilerLife determines the lifetime exhaustion of the main boiler components
The optimization solution realized in Fujairah comprises:
- Load scheduling
- Hybrid optimization
- MSF optimization
- Process optimization
- Work process optimization