The Cyber Security Service Monitoring Service, powered by ServicePort™, identifies, classifies and helps prioritize opportunities to improve the security of your control system.
Overseeing the cyber security status of your control system, ABB's Cyber Security Service Monitoring Service collects system data for comparison against industry best practices and standards to detect weaknesses within your system’s defense.
This pinpoints areas that require action to help protect your control system by ensuring it has multiple layers of security.
Reports from this service provide detailed recommendations to reduce cyber security vulnerabilities, and help to develop a focused and sustainable strategy for control system security.
The ABB Cyber Security Monitoring Service is non-invasive, and can be applied to any control system.
As a ServicePort channel, the Cyber Security Monitoring Service provides continuous, remote monitoring, and periodic or regularly scheduled security reviews.
ABB Cyber Security Monitoring Service identifies, classifies and helps prioritize opportunities to improve the security of your control system.
- Automatic, non-invasive data gathering with ABB’s proprietary Security Logger
- Proactive analysis of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to detect possible security weaknesses
- On-demand analysis before or after maintenance and shutdowns
- On-site or remote access, powered by ABB ServicePort, for customer personnel and ABB support
- Twice-a-year performance analysis by ABB experts identifies issues, finds trends and helps maintain elevated security
- Configurable alerts (via email or SMS) are supplied when KPIs are outside site-specific thresholds
Cyber Security Monitoring Service follows an advanced service, three-step methodology—Diagnose, Implement and Sustain—to help ensure the control system safety and security. Step 1: Diagnose
- Improves system availability through reduced security risk
- Accelerates problem solving by providing visualization and analysis of security policies and computer settings
- Configures security settings to align with site-specific needs or corporate requirements
- Identifies trends to help develop mitigation plans for the most common security weaknesses
- Reduces response time and travel expenses by providing remote access to ABB experts for troubleshooting
- Ensures continuous improvement of your security status and compliance with your settings and procedures
The Cyber Security Monitoring Service collects system data for comparison against industry best practices and standards to pinpoints areas that require action. Access ports, unneeded and outdated software, the status of security patches, procedures, protocols and applications are examined. Step 2: Implement
Based on a thorough analysis, an implementation plan is developed by ABB and the customer through a collaborative review. After the plan has been agreed, improvements can be delivered incrementally or all at once. Phased implementation ensures that process and equipment changes can be made and maintained with steady progress toward performance goals. Step 3: Sustain
The Cyber Security Monitoring Service provides 24/7 monitoring capabilities to sustain benefits achieved after recommended changes are made to help to system security is maintained. Continuous or periodic monitoring help to discover unintentional or malicious security breaches to allow rapid responses. Sustaining Improvement
Available as a subscription service, Cyber Security Monitoring Service powered by ABB ServicePort offers substantial financial value by providing access to ABB experts without losing time or requiring travel costs to get service experts to site.