Terra 54 is the successor of Terra 53, the best sold 50 kW DC charging station in Europe and North America. Supporting increasing electric vehicle (EV) battery capacities, Terra 54 enables continuous charging at full 50 kW at 200 – 500 V, while 200 – 920 V is supported by Terra 54HV.
The ABB 20kW DC charging station is a cost effective multi-standard solution and does not require a heavy network connection. This Terra charger is therefore easy to install in many locations and can be easily installed next to any existing AC slow charging network. Charges an electric car in 30-120 minutes.
Terra 54 is a EV fast charger that can serve all electric vehicles (hybrids and plug-in) on the market, as it supports all the EV charging standards:
- Combined Charging System (CCS 1.0 and CCS 2.0)
- CHAdeMO (recharging also Tesla Model S, X and Roadster via adapter)
- Type 2 AC charging (up to 43 kW!)
Terra 54HV (High Voltage) variants are designed to charge also vehicles equipped with high voltage batteries, such as sportive cars (like the Porsche Taycan), electric buses and other heavy vehicles.
The charger is designed to deliver flawless and safe operation to all users, allowing installation in residential areas, including petrol stations, retail stores and offices (due to compliance with IEC 61000 EMC Class B).
The charger is connected to the ABB Ability™ cloud securing the benefits of a digital end-to-end solution:
- Truly future proof, thanks to frequent software updates that ensure compatibility with all the new electric vehicles introduced in the market
- Highest reliability and uptime on the market, thanks to 24/7 remote support, diagnostic and troubleshooting
- Charging batteries at 200 – 500 V (Terra 54), or at 200 – 920 V (Terra 54HV)
- IEC 61000 EMC Class B certified for industrial and residential areas (including petrol stations, retail outlets, offices, etc.)
- New sophisticated connector holders, for easier handling and more stable holding