The ABB low voltage switchgear Digital Edge device is a versatile switchgear unit for data collection, data analysis and comprehensive data presentation for switchgear operator and maintenance teams. Together with digital devices installed in switchgear i.e. circuit breaker, motor controller, temperature monitoring and others, it enables smart solutions for low- and medium voltage switchgear application.
Designed as a built-in black box device, the Digital Edge connects to switchgear devices using state of the art Ethernet communication based on OPC UA and Modbus TCP while connecting to cloud based ABB Ability application or on premise monitoring and maintenance work desks via a web browser- based human machine interface (WebHMI).
- Versatile, all-in-one unit which is a data collector, data analysis unit, human-machine interface and edge computer for the ABB Ability Condition Monitoring for electrical systems.
- Non-intrusive installation in switchgear assemblies
- User level and operational security to ensure operational reliability
- Easy to add condition monitoring functionality to existing MNS Digital or MNS iS switchgear installations
- Web-browser-based human machine interface (HMI) for access to switchgear devices with Single Line and Panel View, Sequence of Event recording, historian and other monitoring capability
- Supports ABB Ability™ Condition Monitoring for electrical systems through maintenance and condition web application
- Seamless connectivity between devices and external i.e. cloud based ABB Ability™ solutions
- Runs switchgear analytic functions for on-site based predictive maintenance options
- Compact, robust design, ruggedized mechanics with no moving parts, well adapted for harsh environments; high performance multi-core processor computer based on Windows facilitating cyber-security.
- Future proof through modular construction that can be enhanced and upgraded with storage options
- Integrated UPS for secure and continuous operation