ABB Ability™ and the factory of the future
Writing the digital future takes ability. ABB Ability™. ABB Ability is our unified, cross-industry digital offering — extending from device to edge to cloud — with devices, systems, solutions, services and a platform that enable our customers to know more, do more, do better, together.
Cable Protection Innovation: A Look At What Is Coming
Smart Sensors are wireless, self-charging devices that easily attach to equipment, monitor crucial functions and report data through the ABB Ability™ system. With ABB Smart Sensors already available to monitor electric motors, pumps and mounted bearings, ABB is bringing cable protection into the future with the integration of ABB Ability™ to Smart Cable Protection System . With the ability to pinpoint important indications of problems in cable protection systems such as condensation, leakage, fractures and high heat, Smart Cable Protection System will enable users to cut downtime, reduce sudden failures and pinpoint needed repairs rather than performing expensive change outs based on generic schedules. A patent is pending on this groundbreaking new technology.
- Identify potential problems in real time
- Prevent unplanned failures
- Reduce downtime
- Perform pinpoint repair & replacement
- Reduce scheduled changeouts
- Suitable for many industries, including rail, food & beverage, marine transport and automation
- Easy wireless installation with minimal configuration
- Remote Bluetooth communication through secure ABB Ability™ cloud
- Proprietary software for data analysis
- Secure real-time reports on smart phones, tabs, laptops