S-ARC1 and S-ARC1 M provides maximum safety in all buildings, thus protecting people and valuable assets. By early detecting arc faults and disconnecting the affected circuit the AFDD with integrated MCB offers reliable and complete protection in any type of building.
S-ARC1 and S-ARC1 M are the new 1P+N arc fault detection devices with integrated miniature circuit breaker (MCB) in 6kA and 10kA breaking capacity respectively, compliant to product standard IEC/EN 62606; IEC/EN 60898-1. In only two modules width, these devices provide protection against overcurrents and arc faults.
Combined with a Residual Current Circuit Breaker (RCCB) as upstream device, the S-ARC1 series provides the best solution for complete protection in the switchboard, for people, buildings, and irreplaceable goods.
- Reliable identification of serial arc faults, parallel and earth arc faults
- 100 % flexible power supply from either top or bottom
- Up to 50 % time savings thanks to easy wiring with already existing busbars
- 100% compatible with System pro M compact® accessories
- Double slots for connection both with cables and busbars
- Complete integration in the distribution board with other System pro M compact® devices
- When installed with busbars, S-ARC1 and S-ARC1 M can be easily removed from a group of devices
Each year all over Europe, over two million fires erupt due to faults in the electrical installation which prevailingly occur as a result of dangerous arc faults. AFDDs reliably detect those arc faults and protect people, buildings and irreplaceable goods from electrically induced fires.
The international standard IEC 60364-4-42 gives advice on special measures to protect against the effects of arc faults in final circuits. According to this regulation, the use of an AFDD is strongly recommended for the following applications:
- Rooms with sleeping accommodation
- Home and day care centers
- Retirement homes
- Locations with risks of fire due to combustible constructional materials
- Wooden buildings
- Gas stations
- Locations with risks of fire due to fire propagating structures
- Combustible buildings
- Forced ventilation systems
- Locations that contain irreplaceable goods
- R&D centers
- Easy and fast wiring operation
- Family feeling in the System pro M compact® range
- Compatible with System pro M compact® accessories and busbars
- Easy troubleshooting of the network thanks to the LED indication after a tripping
- Protection against short circuits, overload, earth arc faults, parallel arc faults, series arc faults and overvoltage ( >275 V)
- Double slots for connection with cables (up to 25mm²) and busbars (10mm²) either from top and bottom side
- Test push button to verify the correct functioning of the arc fault detection device
- Continuous internal self-test
- Contact position indicator (CPI) to identify the status of the contacts independently on the toggle position.