Each year over two million fires erupt all over Europe. More than one third of these due to faults in the electrical installation which prevailingly occur as a result of dangerous arc faults. AFDDs reliably detect those arc faults and protect people, buildings and irreplaceable goods from electrically induced fires.
By early detecting arc faults and disconnecting the affected circuit the AFDD with integrated miniature circuit breaker (MCB) offers reliable and complete protection in any type of building.
S-ARC1 and S-ARC1 M are the new 1P+N arc fault detection devices with MCB in 6kA and 10kA breaking capacity respectively, compliant to product standard IEC/EN 62606; IEC/EN 60898-1. In only two modules width, these devices provide protection against overcurrents and arc faults.
Combined with a Residual Current Circuit Breaker (RCCB) as upstream device, the S-ARC1 series provides the best solution for complete protection in the switchboard, for people, buildings, and valuable assets.
- Reliable protection against series, parallel and earth arc faults, overvoltage (>275 V) and overcurrents
- 100% flexible power supply from either top or bottom
- Up to 50 % time savings thanks to easy and fast wiring operation with System pro M compact® busbars
- Family feeling in the System pro M compact® range, combination possible with System pro M compact® accessories and busbars
- Easy troubleshooting of the network thanks to the LED indication after a tripping
- Double slots for connection both with cables (up to 25mm²) and busbars (10mm²) either from top and bottom side
- When installed with busbars, S-ARC1 and S-ARC1 M can be easily removed from a group of devices
- Test push button to verify the correct functioning of the arc fault detection device
- Continuous internal self-test
- Contact position indicator (CPI) to identify the status of the contacts independently on the toggle position