A well-tuned and balanced engine consumes less fuel. Using the ABB Cylmate® System, fuel oil consumption can be reduced by around 1-2%, meaning a payback time of less than one year.
The reliability and performance of a vessel’s main engine is crucial to safe and economic vessel operation. Engine operators on ships and in power plants want to feel secure about diesel engine performance. The Cylmate® System provides both on-board engineers and a ship’s management with all of the key data required for optimum engine operation.
With the Cylmate® System, you can reduce maintenance and fuel costs – resulting in a short payback time.
ABB’s Cylmate® System is a comprehensive system for the continuous engine performance measurement and performance monitoring of large 2-stroke diesel engines. A unique combination of cylinder pressure and crank shaft position measurements, in combination with advanced mathematical modeling of the engine, provides highly accurate, real-time data for monitoring and diagnostic analysis. The quality of this data ensures major benefits in terms of improved reliability, reductions in operating costs and minimization of off-hire costs.
- Reduced fuel consumption
- Performance monitoring 24/7 detects and identifies errors in the engine at a very early stage
- An optimized engine enables compliance with environmental regulations
- An engine in good balance avoids thermal and mechanical overloads by ensuring equal power distribution between cylinders
- Pressure transducer used in the closed loop control applications of main engine builders
- Alarm monitoring and trend data recording provides information crucial to optimizing maintenance costs