IEC/IEEE vacuum generator circuit breaker VD4G
Small footprint, full protection for Generator Applications
Based on the well-proven and highly reliable VD4 platform with over 1,000,000 installations since 1986, the VD4G product family is tested to meet the most stringent IEEE and IEC requirements for generator applications as per IEEE C37.013 and the new revision IEC/IEEE 62271-37-013, the only standards for GCB.
VD4G is capable of interrupting currents with delayed zero crossings that may occur in the event of faults that are fed from the generator, or faults during synchronization with the high voltage grid. Its interrupting technology enables the withstanding of severe transient recovery voltages (TRV) to protect critical equipment. It has excellent duty in terms of maximum number of switching operations and is maintenance free. With its compact dimensions, VD4G is suitable for installation in standard medium voltage switchgear for the most cost-effective solution.
- Suitable for installation in standard medium voltage switchgear for the most cost-effective solution due to compact design
- Highest Generator-fed fault breaking capacity at the same System-fed fault breaking capacity level among competitors
- Same familiar ABB medium voltage circuit breakers design
- Cassettes and module systems available for OEMs and panel builders to create their own solutions
- Ratings up to 15 kV; ...4,000 A; ...63 kA for generators up to 100 MVA
- Vacuum interrupters embedded in poles for protection against humidity, shock and dust
- Special design allows ultra-demanding breaking current switching without any additional opening
- Completely type-tested in accordance to the latest IEEE/IEC 62271-37-013 standards