HD4 breakers are used in electrical distribution for control and protection of cables, overhead lines, transformer and distribution substations, motors, transformers, generators and capacitor banks. Thanks to the SF6 autopuffer breaking technique, the HD4 circuit breakers do not generate operating overvoltages, and are therefore also highly suitable for retrofitting, upgrading and enlarging older installations where the insulating materials for the motor, cable, etc. may be particularly sensitive to dielectric stresses.
- Medium voltage gas breaker with mechanical actuator (spring mechanism) for primary distribution up to 40.5 kV, 3600 A, 50 kA.
- Unique ABB quenching technique to ensure smooth switching operations
- Ideal for all applications (eg, capacitor bank switching, marine, GOST)
- Ideal circuit breaker for revamping and retrofitting in aging plants in which insulating materials have been stressed since for a long time
- Cassettes and module systems available for OEMs and panel builders to create their own solutions
- Fully interchangeable (both for overall dimensions and electrical diagrams) with ABB VD4 medium voltage gas circuit breaker
- Only one common actuator for up to 40.5 kV with a wide range of accessories, safety locks and interlocks
- Sealed-for-life SF6 poles with the unique ABB autopuffer quenching technique joining the advantages of “puffer” and “self-blast”
- Spring-operated mechanical actuator ensuring easy operation even without auxiliary supply
- Pressure switch on request to continuosly monitor the status of the interrupting device