IEC indoor vacuum circuit breaker VD4
Superior performance for protection
Maximize your productivity with reduced downtimes with ABB’s flagship product family of VD4 circuit breakers for primary and secondary protection, with a global installed base of over 1.5 million units and higher performance than the market standard. Protect your assets with an optimum interface, utilizing the market’s widest portfolio of circuit breakers, covering global standards and ratings fitting your specific needs.
- Medium voltage circuit breakers with mechanical actuator (spring mechanism) for primary distribution up to 46 kV, 4,000 A, 63 kA.
- The most versatile and powerful solution among medium voltage vacuum circuit breakers
- Ideal for all applications (eg, capacitor bank switching, marine, GOST)
- More than 1,5 million VD4 medium voltage vacuum circuit breaker installed worldwide
- Cassettes and module systems available for OEMs and panel builders to create their own solutions
- Fully interchangeable — both for overall dimension and electrical diagram — with ABB VD4 medium voltage gas circuit breaker
- Only one common plug-and-play actuator (EL type) from 12 kV to 36 kV with a wide range of accessories, safety locks and interlocks, and with same family feeling of ABB low voltage series EMAX
- Vacuum interrupters embedded in poles for protection against humidity, shocks and dust
- Modular spring-operated mechanical actuator ensuring easy operation even without auxiliary supply
- 30,000 mechanical operations on most ratings
- Rated at up to up to 46 kV, 4,000 A, 63 kA.