Medium voltage switches, disconnectors and isolators
The world’s most successful range of switches for indoor, outdoor overhead and outdoor underground applications up to 40.5 kV
Across every market ABB indoor air and SF6 gas insulated switches and switch disconnectors occupy a leading position thanks to their proven reputation for reliability, performance and long life.
Modular outdoor switch disconnectors feature a robust mechanical construction that enables them to perform reliably in all weather conditions, in different installation positions, with manual or remote operation. Their high electrical ratings ensure operation even under heavy loading or fault conditions.
ABB also offers a comprehensive range of padmount switchgear solutions for underground distribution networks.
- IEC/ANSI switches, switch-fuse combinations, disconnectors and load break switches up to 38.5 kV
- Wide operating temperatures range
- High number of breaking operations at rated current value
- Compact dimensions supporting indoor and outdoor applications
- Earthing switch with making capacity
- Reliable position indication
- Capability for application with frequent switching requirement
- Ability to close at high short circuits currents in cooperation with current limiting fuses
- Work in horizontal and vertical position
- Cost efficient solution for transformers and line protection
- Smart grid ready