ABB's preventive maintenance service for SPACOM and RE500 relays offers a cost-effective solution to extend the life cycle of the protection relays. The service strengthens the protection capability of the relays to protect the power system and the network components for several more years and minimizes the risk of malfunctions caused by aging electronic components.
This service is recommended for relays aged 10 years or more. Trained and certified ABB personnel performs the preventive maintenance work at the customer’s site.
Based on statistical information, ABB has created hardware kits for the preventive maintenance of relays. The SPACOM kits include power supply modules and output relay modules. The RE500 series kits include power supply modules in addition to thorough testing of the existing binary I/O modules.
- Preventive maintenance service for SPACOM and RE500 relays
- Cost-effective solution to extend the product life cycle
- Preventive maintenance concept helps to ensure reliable operation
- Concept is based ABB's expertise on these relays
- Guaranteed support and use of original parts