Not active product since 2012
COM 610 is a communication gateway that maps signals between the protection and control IEDs and process devices in industrial or utility substations and higher-level systems such as Network Control Centers (NCC) or Distributed Control Systems (DCS).
The Communication Gateway COM 610 sends process control and monitoring information to the NCC and DCS and receives process control commands from them. The gateway also handles system co-ordination tasks, such as dynamic assignment of control command authorization and communication supervision. COM 610 is typically connected to an NCC via a telecontrol protocol, or to a DCS using the OPC Server/Client technology. Various protocols can be used to connect process devices to the communication gateway. COM 610 is a true IEC 61850 gateway supporting all applicable IEC 61850 parts.
- Communication gateway that maps signals between the protection and control devices and process devices in industrial or utility substations and higher-level systems
- The product uses an embedded operating system and runs in a dedicated industrial computer
without moving parts
- Modbus RTU Serial master protocol for the communication with process devices
- OPC alarm and events extended from diagnostic events to cover also process signals. It is now possible for 3rd party OPC clients to use both OPC data access and alarms and events interfaces of the COM610 Ver. 3.0 OPC Servers
- Powerful industrial embedded hardware
- Extension of communication interfaces by using PCI cards
- Enhanced security features