Not active product since 2022
The REM 543 machine terminals are used as the main protection system of generator and generator-transformer units in small and medium-power diesel, hydroelectric and steam power plants. The protection for large and/or important MV synchronous and asynchronous motors used, for example, in pumps, mills and crushers during start-up and normal run, forms another application area.
The protection functions of REM 543 are designed for selective short-circuit and earth-fault protection of rotating machines. Unlike most other power system components, rotating machines also need protection against abnormal operating conditions such as over-current, unbalanced load, over-temperature, over-voltage, over and under-excitation, under-impedance, over and under-frequency and generator motoring. For motor protection start-up supervision, there are also stall protection and cumulative start-up counter features.
- Extensive protetion for motors and generators
- Programmable logic functions (PLC)
- Optical communication for fast disturbance-free communication
- Flexible connectivity and IEC 61850 support
- Certified for marine and off-shore use
- Voltage and current measurement via conventional measuring transformers or current sensors and voltage dividers
- Support for IEC 61850 protocol through the SPA-ZC 400 adapter
- 15 binary inputs and 12 output relays and optional RTD