Transformer terminal RET 545
The RET 545 transformer terminal is used for the protection, control, measurement and supervision of two-winding power transformers and power generator-transformer blocks in distribution networks.
Not active product since 2022
The RET 545 terminals are loaded with functionality to suit your application. Besides the three-phase stabilized current differential function featuring 2nd and 5th harmonic restraint, the basic version terminals incorporate three-phase over-current, non-directional earth-fault, restricted earth-fault, transformer thermal overload and phase unbalance protection.
These multi-version terminals further include over-voltage and under-voltage supervision, directional earth-fault, residual voltage and over-excitation protection, over-frequency and under-frequency protection, and under-impedance protection. Enhanced with an optional automatic voltage regulator function the RET 545 terminal forms an integrated transformer management unit.
A special control version terminal with just voltage regulator and control functions is also available.
- Transformer protection relay
- Withstands harsh environments e.g. in heavy industry, marine and offshore applications
- Programmable logic functions (PLC)
- Wide support for different communication protocols
- Optical communication for fast disturbance-free communication
- Three-phase current differential protection with stabilized and instantaneous stages for fast and selective winding short-circuit and interturn fault protection
- Optional automatic on-load tap-changer control function for single or parallel transformers
- Support for IEC 61850 and Profibus DP protocols through adapters
- 34 binary inputs and 26 output relays