The REF615 is a dedicated feeder relay perfectly aligned for the protection, control, measurement, and supervision of utility substations and industrial power systems.
REF615 is a member of ABB’s Relion® family and a part of its 615 protection and control product series. The 615 series ANSI are characterized by their compactness and withdrawable design. Engineered from the ground up, the 615 series has been designed to unleash the full potential of the IEC 61850 standard for communication and interoperability of substation automation devices.
- Feeder protection for overhead lines, cable feeders, and busbar systems of distribution substations
- Maximized capital by keeping assets working longer with designs that require less equipment and space
- Enhanced safety by reducing hazards with safety-conscious designs
- Increased reliability by maintaining vital operations with steady, high-quality power every minute of every day
- Reduced operating costs with effective energy management and maintenance strategies
- More flexible system upgrades without rewiring or changing components
- Ease of integration with non-proprietary IEC 61850 communications
- Drawout design
- Underground, overhead cable fault detection (CFD)
- High-impedance (HIZ) fault detection
- Arc flash detection (AFD)
- Ring-lug terminals for all inputs and outputs
- Large, easy-to-read LCD