The trip circuit supervision relay SPER 1B1 C4 is used for supervising important control circuits such as circuit-breaker and disconnector control circuits and signalling circuits in power electrical installations. Generally one supervision relay is needed per circuit to be supervised. If several branches of a circuit are to be supervised, the required number of relays can be connected to the same control circuit.
The SPER 1B1 C4 is composed of a standard 11-pin plug-in relay unit and a corresponding terminal socket for rail-mounting.
ABB trip circuit supervision relays are also available in COMBIFLEX design, please see products SPER 1C1 and SPER 1C2.
- Relay for man or backup circuit supervision
- Immediate information about faults
- Continuous monitoring of circuit-breaker trip circuits and other essential control circuits
- Preset operate time preventing unwanted alarm signals at circuit-breaker operation
- Indication of relay operation with LED indicator on the front panel and output relay
- Detects bad contact, contact welding and auxiliary voltage failures in the supervised circuit