REM615 is a dedicated motor protection and control relay for protection, control, measurement and supervision of asynchronous motors in the manufacturing and process industry.
REM615 is a member of ABB’s Relion® product family and part of its 615 protection and control series of relays.
- Protection for asynchronous motors
- Compact and versatile solution for utility and industrial power distribution systems with integration of protection, control, monitoring and supervision in one relay
- Motor protection with motor start-up and loss of load supervision as well as thermal overload, motor load jam and phase-reversal protection, either with sensors or conventional instrument transformers
- Ready-made standard configurations for fast and easy setup with tailoring capabilities
- Withdrawable plug-in unit design for swift installation and testing
- Large graphical display showing customizable SLDs, accessible either locally or through an easy-to-use web-browser-based HMI
- Extensive life-cycle services
- Motor protection with voltage- and frequency-based protection and measurement functionality
- Motor protection both during motor start-up and normal run, with protection and fault clearance in abnormal situations as well
- Optional arc protection and high-speed outputs
- Supports IEC 61850 Editions 1 and 2, including HSR and PRP, GOOSE messaging and IEC 61850-9-2 LE for less wiring and supervised communication
- IEEE 1588 V2 for high-accuracy time synchronization and maximum benefit of substation-level Ethernet communication
- Supports Modbus, DNP3 and IEC 60870-5-103 communication protocols