RET615 is a dedicated transformer protection and control relay for power transformers, unit and step-up transformers, including power generator-transformer blocks in utility and industrial power distribution systems.
RET615 is a member of ABB’s Relion® product family and a part of its 615 protection and control product series. The 615 series relays are characterized by their compactness and withdrawable design. Engineered from the ground up, the 615 series has been designed to unleash the full potential of the IEC 61850 standard for communication and interoperability between substation automation devices.
- Ideal protection for two-winding power transformers and power generator-transformer blocks
- Maximized capital by keeping assets working longer with designs that require less equipment and space
- Enhanced safety by reducing hazards with safety-conscious designs
- Increased reliability by maintaining vital operations with steady, high-quality power every minute of every day
- Reduced operating costs with effective energy management and maintenance strategies
- More flexible system upgrades without rewiring or changing components
- Ease of integration with non-proprietary IEC 61850 communications
- Drawout design
- Sensitive differential protection for turn-to-turn faults
- Overexcitation (V/Hz) protection
- Arc flash detection (AFD)
- Ring-lug terminals for all inputs and outputs
- Large, easy-to-read LCD