RET630 is a comprehensive transformer management relay for the protection, control, measurement and supervision of power transformers, including step-up transformers, and power generator-transformer units in utility and industrial power distribution systems. RET630 is also ideal for transformer bay control.
RET630 is a member of ABB's Relion® family and part of its 630 protection and control product series.
- RET630 has been designed to be the main protection and offer full protection for two-winding power transformers
- Freely configurable functionality to meet application specific requirements
- Extensive functionality and scalable hardware for the most demanding applications
- All-in-one solution with integration of protection, control, monitoring and supervision in one relay
- Large integrated or detached HMI with user configurable push buttons, making it easy to use
- Extensive life-cycle services
- Transformer differential protection, thermal overload protection, voltage protection, and hot spot and aging rate monitoring
- Optional automatic voltage regulation of power transformers with a motor driven on-load tap-changer
- 8 RTD/mA inputs and 4 mA outputs
- Supports native IEC 61850 Edition 1, including GOOSE messaging for less wiring and supervised communication
- Supports DNP3 (TCP/IP) and IEC 60870-5-103