Binary inputs and outputs (BIOs) play an important role in the overall operation of protection relays, to include various control and interlocking schemes, as well as generating alarm and trip signals to the circuit breaker. In addition to secondary injection testing of protection functions, it is advisable to check the health of other important hardware such as BIOs. The incorrect operation of a control scheme may result in process or revenue loss, as well as safety threats to personnel and damage to the equipment. BIOs can be checked at the primary design stage and during routine maintenance and testing to ensure the accuracy of the applied logic.
ABB BIO testers are intended to facilitate the testing of BIOs and provide the following benefits:
- Reduced time for testing the configuration at all life cycle stages (design, commissioning, periodic maintenance, modifications, and replacements)
- Reduced risk for configuration errors
- Increased operational safety
- Ease of use and on-site installation due to compact size
Relion® BIO-Testers for easy simulation and testing
Relion® BIO-Testers are intended for testing the binary inputs and outputs of Relion protection relays. These easy-to-use compact testers enable simulation of the protection and control scheme operation. The testers can also be used for troubleshooting during the design of the application configuration and for routine maintenance and testing.
BIO-Tester Relion® REX640
- Protection and control REX640 is an all-in-one protection for any power distribution application. This latest addition to ABB’s Relion® protection and control family of relays, REX640 further reinforces the reliablity of Relion’s range of relays. BIO-Tester Relion® REX640 is intended for testing the binary inputs and outputs of multifunction REX640 relays.
Relion® BIO-Tester 610-611-615-620 can be used with the following Relion relays:
- Relion® 611: REF611, REM611, REB611, REU611
- Relion® 615: REF615, REM615, RET615, REG615, RED615, REU615, REV615, REC615, RER615
- Relion® 620: REF620, REM620, RET620, RER620
Relion®630 BIO-Tester 4U can be used with the following Relion relays:
- REF630 4U (6U)*
- REM630 4U (6U)*
- RET630 4U (6U)*
- REG630 4U (6U)*
* With 6U, a maximum of two BIO modules can be simultaneously tested.
For more about Relion© BIO-Testers visit Business Online.
Your local ABB representative can assist you with ordering and service support for relay products.
- Testing binary inputs and outputs of relays
- Originally manufactured for ABB products
- Guaranteed support for both tools and products throughout their entire life cycle
- Designed based on product specification