Binary inputs and outputs (BIOs) play an important role in the overall operation of protection relays, for example in various control and interlocking schemes, and by generating alarm and trip signals to the circuit breaker. In addition to secondary injection testing of protection functions, it is therefore advisable to also check the healthiness of other important hardware such as BIOs. Incorrect operation of control scheme may result in process or revenue loss, including safety threats to the personnel or damage to the equipment. The BIOs can be checked already at the primary design stage to ensure the correctness of the logic as well as during routine maintenance and testing.
The BIO testers have been developed to facilitate the testing of BIOs and provide the following benefits:
- Saving time in testing the configuration
- Reducing the risk of configuration errors
- Safe to operate
- Easy to use
- Easy to bring on-site due to small size
- Creating new relay testing and repair service opportunities
Relion® BIO-Testers for easy simulation and testing
Relion® BIO-Testers are intended for testing the binary inputs and outputs of Relion protection relays. These easy-to-use and compact testers enable simulation of the protection and control scheme operation. The testers can also be used for troubleshooting during the design of the application configuration and for routine maintenance and testing.
Relion® 611/615 BIO-Tester can be used with the following Relion relays:
Relion®630 BIO-Tester 4U can be used with the following Relion relays:
- REF630 4U (6U)*
- REM630 4U (6U)*
- RET630 4U (6U)*
- REG630 4U (6U)*
* With 6U, a maximum of two BIO modules can be simultaneously tested.
Relion© BIO-Testers can be viewed at Business Online.
Your local ABB representative assists you with ordering and service support for relay products.
- Testing binary inputs and outputs of relays
- Originally manufactured for ABB products
- Guaranteed support for both tools and products throughout their entire life cycle
- Designed based on product specification