It is paramount to ensure power supply for essential electrical equipment by changing over from one source of power to the stand-by feeder as fast as possible.
And the wide range of transfer solutions offered by ABB's Electrification Digital Systems ensures that only the right candidate is deployed based on the customer process requirements. Three types of transfer solutions are offered, depending on the transfer timing requirements and the deployed protection relays at the incomer feeders.
Selection of solution variants can be done in accordance with the customer's system requirements for transfer withstand duration.
- High speed transfer system (HSTS) comprising of SUE3000, REF542plus and optionally fast acting VM1 circuit breaker for medium voltage systems, 30 - 100 ms transfer time including circuit breaker closing
- Automatic transfer system (ATS) using Relion protection relays based on IEC 61850 communication standard for medium and low voltage systems, 500-2000 ms transfer time
- Automatic transfer system (ATS) using Emax2 circuit breakers and Ekip Up control+ modules for low voltage systems, 120 -150 ms transfer time including circuit breaker closing
- Incomer undervoltage/underfrequency protection detection to shifting load to alternate source (closure of bus coupler or closure of alternative source)
- Closure of circuit breaker considering one of the following permitted conditions:
- fast transfer
- in-phase transfer
- residual transfer
- time dependent transfer
- Zero loss of power supply, productivity, and finished goods’ deliveries to the supply chain
- Safety of equipment and personnel
- Zero environmental impact