ABB offers a wide range of medium voltage gas insulated switchgear (GIS) for secondary and primary distribution.
Secondary gas insulated switchgear have been subject to a significant development the past 20 years, resulting in increased functionality and smaller dimensions. ABB's Ring Main Units (RMU) and secondary switchgear are prepared for the use in future distribution grids and designed for use in various application such as compact secondary substations, small industries, renewables or infrastructure.
Flexible combination, reliability, availability and economy are the attributes that make it easy for our clients in industry and utilities to decide in favor of primary gas insulated switchgear products from the ZX series. Together with complete conventional solutions, the use of digital protection and control technology, sensor systems and plug-in connections makes ZX systems fit for the future.
- Solutions for all kind of application
- HV section totally independent of environmental influences
- High level of reliability through impressive MTBF figures
- Highest availability with minimum maintenance requirements
- First manufacturer of GIS with over 30 years of experience