ABB Ability™ GIS for MV - ZX is a digital concept for medium-voltage switchgear. ZX Digital is an enhancement of the existing ZX gas-insulated switchgear portfolio for primary applications. The new gas-insulated digital family is enriching the existing ABB digital switchgear portfolio for medium voltage, which offer the air-insulated digital switchgear, namely UniGear Digital.
The ZX Digital concept relies on following main pillars: Well-proven ZX switchgear (up to 40.5 kV, up to 3150 A, up to 40 kA), state-of-the art sensor technology for current and voltage measurement and advanced communication technology according to IEC 61850 as well as condition monitoring and diagnostics.
Just one communication bus system, which carries interlocking information as well as sampled measured values of voltage signals replaces complex wiring schemes of conventional switchgear. Thanks to continuous supervision of communication on the redundant bus system, ZX Digital offers superior reliability in comparison to a conventional switchgear.
- ZX0.2 Digital gas-insulated switchgear for primary applications up to 36 kV, 2500 A and 31.5 kA, IEC standard
- ZX2 Digital gas-insulated switchgear for primary applications up to 40.5 kV, 3150 A and 40 kA, IEC standard
- PrimeGear ZX0 Digital gas-insulated switchgear for primary applications
up to 24kV, 1250A, 25kA, IEC standard
- Simplified planning of switchgear projects
- Shortened delivery time by up to three weeks
- Increased flexibility towards changes in projects
- Increased safety during operation, commissioning and operation thanks to sensor technology
- Lower energy consumption by up to 250 MWH representing savings of up to 42,500 EUR1
- Current and voltage sensors
- Automation and control with IEC 61850 communication protocol
- Condition monitoring and diagnostics
- Upgradable to ABB AbilityTM solutions
1 Compared to a conventional ZX line up with 14 panels over 30 years and an energy price of 0,17 EUR per kWh