Simulator based training has proven to be an efficient way for training personnel for various tasks. With ABB’s CS800 crane simulator the crane operators learn to operate container handling cranes efficiently, in safe environment with no risk for accidents and damage to equipment or goods.
Using CS800 crane simulator simplifies planning and scheduling of the training. For instance, in case of new cranes, the training of operators can be conducted already before the cranes at the site are commissioned, or even arrive at the terminal. The majority of the training can be done with the simulator, which significantly reduces the training needed with real cranes before the operator starts working in production. Thus the real cranes remain available for production while the operators perform their training.
In addition training, the simulator provides efficient means for pre-assessment of operator candidates when recruiting new operators.
CS800 crane simulator for operator training and assessment:
- Available for both cabin (RTG and STS) and remote operation (STS) training
- Available for all types of STS cranes from basic to most advanced cranes
- Simulates manual and automatic operation
- Uses a virtual replica of the real crane on the site including all crane characteristics
- Standard scenarios and trainer created scenarios
- Simulation of multiple ships, vehicle and container types
- Simulation of different conditions, for instance ship movements and weather conditions
- The simulator is delivered fully commissioned. The compact electric motion cabin simulator is also available in a 40’ HC ISO container.