Low voltage wind turbine converter
The ACS880 wind turbine converter lowers the levelized cost of energy (LCoE) by ensuring high turbine uptime, greater efficiency during operation, advanded grid code compliance, easy maintenance and lower life cycle cost.
The liquid-cooled ACS880 full power converter is suitable for onshore and offshore utility-scale wind turbines. It is rated from 0.8 to 8 megawatt (MW), with the highest powers being assembled using parallel-connected sub-converters. It is available in in-line and back-to-back configurations and for operation with induction and permanent magnet generators. Its compact footprint allows nacelle and tower installations.
- Modular design for high availability and high efficiency
- Enhanced DTC for precise and fast generator control, grid code compliance and longer lifetime of drivetrain
- Very low total harmonic distortion
- Long-life components for high availability and low life-cycle costs
- Advanced diagnostics system enabling long-term planning of service and maintenance work
- Option: parallel-connected sub-converters for a higher overall efficiency and redundancy